Enchanting 0.2.3 is out!

This is the place to ask question about Enchanting, talk about your Enchanting projects or simply find out more about Enchanting on the NXT.

Moderator: clintonb

clintonb
Active User

Enchanting 0.2.3 is out!

Postby clintonb » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:06 pm

Greetings.

I wanted to let the people here know that Enchanting 0.2.3 is out.

Enchanting is an easy-to-use graphical programming language that generates leJOS NXJ code that is compiled and run on NXT robots. It is designed to be easy enough for a beginner to use, but provide enough depth to satisfy an advanced user. See this introductory video to get some idea of what it is all about.

Enchanting 0.2 makes it easy to drive a robot around (by making it possible to use the leJOS Differential Pilot class); and, after three bug-fix releases, I think it is ready and well worth a try! I've been using it in my recent robotics classes and have found it to be a useful and effective tool.

Enchanting is open-source -- free as in speech, and as in lunch, and made possible by the wonderful efforts of others, such as the creators of Scratch, leJOS, and BYOB/Snap, and translators and co-contributors to the project. It is also cross-platform, running on Windows, Mac OS X, and, experimentally, on Linux. If you are interested in helping make this alternative software better, or even just in trying it out and offering feedback, I welcome the help (and there are more details on my website).

Speaking of the website, I'm hoping to add some information to it, add some videos, and then spread the word far and wide (by writing a guest post for the NXT step, for example). If you happen to notice a show-stopper bug, I'd love to know about it as soon as possible. If you have something nice to say about the project, I'd like to quote you on my still-in-the-works Testimonials page.

Cheers,
and thanks to everyone here for the help.
Clinton Blackmore

shayanjameel08
New User

Re: Enchanting 0.2.3 is out!

Postby shayanjameel08 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:35 am

Before you can tell your robot to drive forward a specific distance, you must specify the dimensions and setup of the robot.

Return to “Enchanting Questions and Projects”