Enchanting back end crashes

This is the place to ask question about Enchanting, talk about your Enchanting projects or simply find out more about Enchanting on the NXT.

Moderator: clintonb

Jasongaffney
New User

Enchanting back end crashes

Postby Jasongaffney » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:12 am

We are opening Enchanting in Verbose mode and it works fine as long as we just write or edit one script ie. drive in a square. But if we try to develop a new script such as follow the line, the back end crashes. We have to close the front end and restart the computer before Enchanting will work again. We are running 0.2.4.1. My son really is excited but this is very frustrating.

clintonb
Active User

Re: Enchanting back end crashes

Postby clintonb » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:07 pm

There is no question that'd be frustrating!

I can't see offhand why that'd be happening. Which operating system are you using?

Can you copy and paste the text from the BackEnd, as run in verbose mode? I'm hoping there is an obvious error message there.

When you say you have to reboot before Enchanting works again, do you mean that the application will run, but not talk to the NXT? In which case, would you mind trying to reinstall the (latest) versions of the Fantom driver for your OS (assuming you are using Mac OS X or Windows).

adeena
New User

Re: Enchanting back end crashes

Postby adeena » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:49 pm

enchanting recognizes the NXT because it allows me to configure motors and sensors. However, when I try to download, error message says, "no device connected."
sara

Return to “Enchanting Questions and Projects”