NXT from Lego Education

This is the place to ask question about Enchanting, talk about your Enchanting projects or simply find out more about Enchanting on the NXT.

Moderator: clintonb

barryferguson
New User

NXT from Lego Education

Postby barryferguson » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:29 pm

I have just purchased an NXT from Lego Education and was wondering if it will work with Enchanting, I am aware that there has been a 1st and 2nd generation NXT brick(i'm assuming the one on the Lego eduction site is a 2nd generation) and do both of these work with enchanting?

skoehler
leJOS Team Member

Re: NXT from Lego Education

Postby skoehler » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:18 pm

There are no 1st generation and 2nd generation NXTs. The hardware inside the NXT brick is indentical, the motors are identical, even some of the sensors are. The only difference is that the NXT 2.0 kit comes with a different set of sensors and a different set of Lego pieces. I'm sure clinton will be able to answer whether Enchanting supports all the sensors that come with the NXT 2.0 kit.

clintonb
Active User

Re: NXT from Lego Education

Postby clintonb » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:22 am

Hi Barry.

Yes, as Sven said, all the NXTs in the different kits work identically. Enchanting will work just fine on what you have, and supports all the standard sensors that come with the NXTs from LEGO.

Cheers, and good luck.
Clinton

Return to “Enchanting Questions and Projects”