Programming Guide for Enchanting

This is the place to ask question about Enchanting, talk about your Enchanting projects or simply find out more about Enchanting on the NXT.

Moderator: clintonb

Kelvin
New User

Programming Guide for Enchanting

Postby Kelvin » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:07 am

Hi all,
I just learned enchanting few weeks ago. I try to search any training material but only find "Robotics with Enchanting and LEGO® NXT" that available to download from App store. As I leave in HK, outside USA, I try both link but failed. Just would like to see if you have encountered similar problem before or not and how to fix it. Please also advise if any other sites or useful materials that I can find.

Thanks,
Kelvin

clintonb
Active User

Re: Programming Guide for Enchanting

Postby clintonb » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:39 am

Hi Kelvin.

Partway down the Enchanting home page is a section called "How do I use it". It links to some cards sort of like Scratch cards, and to some videos, but also has a link to "Robotics with Enchanting and LEGO® NXT: A Project Based Introduction to Programming". I imagine you found the enhanced iBook version of this; if you go to their site, you'll see they also have an enhanced PDF version as well, and a "standard iBook for all other countries".

Give those a shot.

Clinton

Kelvin
New User

Postby Kelvin » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:49 am

Hi Clinton,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes, I find the standard book for all other control in the website "http://monash-blockbooks.appspot.com/#enchanting". However, when I click the link it says not available in my country. I'm not familar with ibook. Is anyone able to downlaod it and share with me.

Thanks,
Kelvin

Kelvin
New User

Postby Kelvin » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:07 pm

Hi Clinton,

I was able to located the PDF version. It is a good material for me to start. One comment about the PDF file is it is unclear about how to open the video. I just accidentally click the page(the one with Enchanting program interface) and link to the video).

Thanks,
Kelvin

clintonb
Active User

Postby clintonb » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:37 pm

No problem.

I hope you did figure out how to watch the videos. On my computer, I can just click on the area where a video is in the PDF and the video will open up.

While I'm responsible for many of the instructional materials for Enchanting, I did not make this one. At the bottom of http://monash-blockbooks.appspot.com/ it says,

If you have any questions or comments regarding these materials, you can also contact Bernd.Meyer @ monash.edu .

Cheers,
Clinton

Return to “Enchanting Questions and Projects”