Errors building leJOS EV3 0.8.1-beta snapshot

This is where you talk about the EV3 software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: roger, gloomyandy, skoehler

fgfanta
New User

Errors building leJOS EV3 0.8.1-beta snapshot

Postby fgfanta » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:07 am

Hi!
I am trying to build a snapshot of LeJOS, donwloaded from:

http://sourceforge.net/p/lejos/ev3/ci/0.8.1-beta/tree/

with tag 0.8.1-beta.

I have taken it under Eclipse, with File > New > Project... and then in the wizard LeJOS EV3 > LeJOS EV3 Project"; the JRE is set to JavaSE-1.7.

I get the following 2 Errors from Eclipse (in the Problems window):

Code: Select all

The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for android.content.Context. Fix the build path then try building this project   lejos-ev3-0.8.1-beta      Unknown   Java Problem

The type android.content.Context cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files   Search.java   /lejos-ev3-0.8.1-beta/EV3AndroidMenu/src/lejos/ev3/ev3androidmenu   line 1   Java Problem

I have tried installing the whole Android JDK, and adding its android.jar and uiautomator.jar to the Eclipse project Java Build Path, and now I get 1136 errors from Eclipse, starting with

Code: Select all

WizardPage cannot be resolved to a type
Wizard cannot be resolved to a type   
Wizard cannot be resolved to a type   
VirtualMachineManager cannot be resolved to a type
VirtualMachine cannot be resolved to a type
Type mismatch: cannot convert from LeJOSEV3LibContainer to IClasspathContainer
etc...

BTW, I have also added to Eclipse (as 4 separate projects) the examples from leJOS_EV3_0.8.1-beta_samples, and they all build successfully.

I am obviously doing something wrong. Are there any instructions to build the LeJOS source code? Any clue?

I am using ubuntu 14.10 64-bit.

Thanks.

lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Re: Errors building leJOS EV3 0.8.1-beta snapshot

Postby lawrie » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:48 pm

What is it you are trying to do?

leJOS is a set of separate Eclipse projects, so you cannot import it as one Eclipse project. You should use File > Import > Projects from Git or File > Import > Existing projects into Workspace.

Do you want to run the Android projects? If you do, you will need to install the Eclipse Android plugin - http://developer.android.com/sdk/instal ... g-adt.html.

Some on the Android apps did not work with the 0.8.1 tag. You may need to use the 0.8.2 tag for them to work.

If you want to use a specific version of leJOS, you will need to build the dbusjava, ev3classes, and EV3Menu projects with their build.xml files. Your SD card will need to be consistent with the tag you use. The 0.8.1 SD card works with both the 0.8.1 and 0.8.2 tags.

fgfanta
New User

Re: Errors building leJOS EV3 0.8.1-beta snapshot

Postby fgfanta » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:27 pm

I was trying to figure out how to build the source code. I had made the mistake to add a new project, instead of importing exsisting projects. Doing as you said, Eclipse imported the projects successfully.

Thank you again!

Return to “EV3 Software”