Automated Factory Storage System Model

Post your EV3 projects, project ideas, etc here!

Moderators: roger, gloomyandy, skoehler

New User

Automated Factory Storage System Model

Postby kimjungyeop » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:26 am

Hey all,

I recently programmed an automated factory storage system model.

It has total six EV3s: the two EV3s on the conveyer belts run stock LME software and are programmed in LME, while the two cranes and the input conveyer run leJOS.

I connected a leJOS-running EV3 to the computer using a USB cable, using it as the access point to connect with the three other EV3s using PAN.

The project used socket communication for the computer to send the cranes orders; the video below is running random mode, and other modes include command (where you type orders on your PC to control the system) and a text-reading mode so that you can use external loading / unloading algorithms for experimenting with optimization problems. Each of the sockets are connected to the socket server on the PC on separate threads.

We developed this for a premiere Korean engineering college where they will be experimenting with supervised learning methods to create efficient loading / unloading algorithms.

I hope you guys like the project! Having leJOS run nearly stock Java made it possible for us to use general Java techniques.

leJOS Team Member

Re: Automated Factory Storage System Model

Postby gloomyandy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:33 am

That is a very cool project. I love the overall construction and everything seems to run very smoothly. Thanks for sharing the details of your project, it shows really well what is possible.
leJOS news

Return to “EV3 Projects”