Simple Tools

A place to discus the development of leJOS for the EV3. Please do not use this section to post questions about how to use leJOS or to report problems etc.

Should we add to the next release

Poll ended at Sun May 29, 2016 9:16 pm

Memory tool only
No votes
MotorControl tool only
No votes
Memory & MotorControl tool only
100%

Total votes: 1

Jeremy1980
Novice

Simple Tools

Postby Jeremy1980 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:16 pm

I am pleased to present my first two simple programs.
I think so that it should become a permanent part of the next edition of leJOS.
http://www.jaremaczajkowski.pl/pub/forum/EV3SimpleTools.zip

gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Re: Simple Tools

Postby gloomyandy » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:31 pm

Please don't do this. I doubt if anyone is going to download a zip file just posted like this and open it.

If you have written something that you think others may be interested in and you want us to consider including it in a future release then please provide details of what your code does, and how it does and why you think this tool may be useful. Even better post a link to a video that shows the tool in action.
leJOS news https://lejosnews.wordpress.com/

Jeremy1980
Novice

Postby Jeremy1980 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:58 am

I understand your consideration. If you lazy man do not download THIS .
*.jar files is read to upload and use version.
*.java files is for the brave man who want more and have knowledge how write this stuff.

The motivation which has behind this was due to the lack of the start same useful tools that official firmware has from the beginning .
This is basic version. But is enough to simple use .

Think so that the code requires no translation, because the code contained there is the basic knew that you need to possess good programming in leJOS EV3.

gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby gloomyandy » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:51 pm

I still don't think you understand. You have not provided any information about what these tools actually do or why they may be of use to anyone. If you want to interest people in using them or to convince the leJOS developers to include them with leJOS then providing a description or even better screen shots of the display or a video of the programs in use would be a very good idea.

Oh and I'm not trying to discourage you I just think you will get more interest if you provide these details. I know that I would not download some random zip file from someone I don't know anything about without good reason.
leJOS news https://lejosnews.wordpress.com/

WizGeek
New User

Postby WizGeek » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:18 pm

Jeremy,

You seem like a nice person, but you're failure to accept guidance from one of the major contributors of "everything leJOS" is disheartening.

Firstly, your "tools" post is in the wrong forum; this forum is specific to needs of the foundational leJOS EV3 library, ev3classes.jar, and its supporting libraries.

Secondly, as recommended, your post should have contained a list of the "tools" such as Memory Usage Tool and NXT Motor Test on an EV3 Tool.

Thirdly, both of these "tools" already exist.

You may wish to thank Andy for the gracious exposure because most moderators would simply have deleted your non-compliant thread.
WizGeek
"No-no, Fizzgig, you stay here." :cry:

Return to “leJOS EV3 Development”