NXT Brick catching on "fire"

This is where you talk about the NXJ hardware related topics such as the brick, sensors, LEGO pieces, etc.

Moderators: imaqine, 99jonathan, roger

hdctambien
New User

NXT Brick catching on "fire"

Postby hdctambien » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:24 am

I attempted to flash the LeJOS firmware to my NXT 2.0 brick today using the Wizard I downloaded from this webpage. I put brand new batteries in the brick and it seemed to be going well, however immediately after I clicked the "FLash LeJOS Firmware" button the speaker started beeping, and the batteries started smoking/sizzling....

I got the batteries out before anything terrible happened... I haven't done anything else with the brick yet. Is it possible I had some bad batteries? Or did I melt something inside the brick? I'm not sure if I want to put more batteries into it, just in case. Maybe I should just toss it?

It's been sitting on my shelf for the last 3+ years... and it turned on fine when I first put the batteries in it. I think it was the Firmware flashing that triggered the ... situation.

Did anyone else have a similar problem? Did I maybe miss a critical step in the setup?

gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Re: NXT Brick catching on "fire"

Postby gloomyandy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:14 am

I have never seen any reports of this happening with the any other NXT. If you have any doubts then contact LEGO support.
leJOS news https://lejosnews.wordpress.com/

Return to “NXJ Hardware”