Infrared Link Supported?

This is where you talk about the NXJ hardware related topics such as the brick, sensors, LEGO pieces, etc.

Moderators: imaqine, 99jonathan, roger

neo
New User

IRLink help please

Postby neo » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:43 am

Hey,

I just read this post but I still have problems to send command from the NXT to RCX via IRLink.

When I run the program given in this post nothing happen. Should I run a program that receives data in the RCX or I just need to switch on the RCX and start the program from the NXT (which will start a Motor A forward then break and finally go backward).

Hope this is clear, helppp pleeeeaaaaseee.

Neo

elibm
New User

Re: Infrared Link Supported?

Postby elibm » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi, I would like to know if HITECH IR Sensor (installed on NXT) can send and receive commands from and RCX?

According to this URL http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/internal/cours ... itter.html ,
it can only send messages to the RCX ...

Is there any way to receive messages from the RCX ?

I'm using the LEJOS NXT version 0.9.1
and the LEJOS RCX win32 2.1.0

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

MindS1
New User

Re: Infrared Link Supported?

Postby MindS1 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:42 am

Hi elibm,
I was wondering the same thing, if it's possible for two-way communication with an RCX via the lejos.nxt.addon.IRLink class.
The API allows for sending bytes and commands TO an RCX, but it's incapable of receiving messages FROM an RCX.
However, the IRLink class extends the much broader lejos.nxt.I2CSensor class. This is beyond me, but I would assume that with a little research into the IRLink's protocols and a little custom code, you could write a program that is capable of reading bytes directly from the I2C interface.

Return to “NXJ Hardware”