- - Segway navigator
- Ballbot, a robot that balances on a ball
- Monte Carlo localization (chapter by Lawrie Griffiths)
- real-time map display on a PC
- outdoor GPS waypoint-follower
- a robotic arm that moves to specific x, y, z coordinates in 3D space
- full coverage of the new navigation model, including pilots, navigator, pose providers, and pathfinders
- A* Search algorithm
- using leJOS with an Android phone
- Camera robotics/image analysis
All the code and building instructions are included, and the robots can be built with the 1.0 or 2.0 kits (alternate instructions for the Lego Education kits are forthcoming). Full setup and installation instructions for leJOS NXJ are included.
With user-friendly instructions for the leJOS NXJ software, this accessible manual is the perfect launch into LEGO Mindstorms NXT, an incredible kit for building and programming robots. Using Java, the most popular and easy-to-use programming language available, this book helps engineers and amateurs alike design and build their own customized robots, programmed however they desire. A diverse set of projects is accompanied by building tips, programming code, complete 3D-rendered building instructions, and hundreds of illustrations. The NXT intelligent brick’s Bluetooth capabilities are introduced, as are the newest available parts, from GPS to the RFID sensor, in this useful handbook that serves as the perfect compliment to the LEGO NXT kit.
Available September 2011
Available on Amazon