LeJOS Soccer Player Project

Post your RCX projects, project ideas, etc here!

Moderator: roger

kyleb
New User

LeJOS Soccer Player Project

Postby kyleb » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:02 pm

Hey all,

i am doing a university project using the mindstorms kit and lejos whereby i am creating a robot which can play football similar to that of those in the RoboCup Jr. tournament. However this is obviously a more complex project than the robots put forward in the RoboCup Jr competition. I am using an overhead camera to track the position of the robot using the colorlistener method and region of the vision package.

My question relates to the integer that specifies the color the colorlistener is looking for, how do you know which integer relates to which color?

I also need to track the direction the robot is facing as well as the location of the robot, which i thought i could do by placing a triangle on top of the robot and using lejos to track the triangle to find out which way the robot is pointing. However this is proving very difficult, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions on this i would be most grateful!

Cheers
Kyle

bbagnall
Site Admin

Postby bbagnall » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:52 pm

Hi Kyle,

Are you really using an RCX brick for this project? The NXT brick is much more up to date. Since you are using an overhead view with a camera you could use iCommand which has a vision package that deals with color detection.

ChrisB01
Advanced Member

Robocup

Postby ChrisB01 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:02 pm

To use the rcx for robocup style football you want to use the light sensor to pick up the ball it’s a lot easier. I would also use a compass sensor to track the robots direction.

Chris

Return to “RCX Projects”