I've just switched back to a clean install of 0.85 and can't see any problem. I tried 3 different Ultrasonic sensors and they all worked fine. There was a bug with sensor ports in 0.85 that prevented the Ultrasonic sensor from working on port 4. Can I suggest that you try the following....
1. Open up a command shell.
2. cd into the leJOSNXJProjects\samples\SonicTest directory.
3. Compile it with nxjc SonicTest.java
4. Turn on your NXT and connect it using USB
5. Plug the Ultrasonic sensor into port 1
6. Run the test program using nxj -r SonicTest
7. Point the sensor at a flat surface (like a computer screen) approx 30cm away.
8. Check the display, what do you get? You should see details of the sensor version and type, followed by the distance to the screen.
If the above does not work you may wish to try the following...
1. Rename your existing leJOS classes.jar file as classes.rel. On a Windows PC this is located in c:\program files\lejosNXJ\lib
2. Download the updated classes.jar file from:
2. Copy this file to your leJOS install (c:\program files\lejosNXJ\lib\clases.jar).
3. Recompile your test program with nxjc SonicTest.java
4. Turn on your NXT
5. Run the program nxj -r SonicTest
6. Test again as above?
Let me know what happens...
If the new classes.jar seems to work, you should probably replace the one in the directory in your home dir:
Hope this helps